Mills Community Support Corporation is a multi-service organization assisting over 1,000 people throughout Lanark County with specialized supportive housing services, non-profit housing services, and home support services. These services assist individuals, young families and seniors who may be economically disadvantaged, as well as people of all ages who require support, to live as independently as possible for as long as possible. Mills Community Support also partners with a number of government agencies and community service groups to provide quality programs.
In partnership with the community, Mills Community Support Corporation: Promotes and actively engages as a partner in the development of a healthy community which includes and supports the well being of people of all ages and abilities.
An “age-friendly community” in which people of all abilities live in a state of dignity, share in all elements of living in a community and have the opportunity to participate effectively.
Person-centred work * Removing barriers to inclusion * Appreciative, capacity thinking *Building social capital * Healthy living * Collaboration and Team Work * Accountability * Action Learning
Strategic Directions 2011–2016
- To promote and advocate for age-friendly communities.
- To support individuals with an intellectual disability to live in a state of dignity, to share in all elements of living in their community and to have the opportunity to participate effectively.
- Affordable, good quality accommodation is available for all.
- Build organizational capacity/effectiveness.
- Engage the community in the mission and activities of the Mills.
- Build organizational sustainability.
- About Us
- Community Development
- Developmental Services
- Seniors' Services
- Contact Us